Sun, 08 Aug|
WERC is continuing its pledge to drive down single-use plastic usage, and in a continuance of our ethos, we bring to you the third edition of our environmental event, Kudremukh Calling - 2021
Time & Location
08-Aug-2021, 6:00 am – 12:00 pm
Kudremukh, SH 66, Karnataka 577142, India
About the Event
WE R Cycling and Udupi Cycling Club are joining hands to pledge their commitment to end single-use plastic, protect the environment and save the green coverage of our pride, the Western Ghats.
A cycling event to this effect will be held as per the following:
Registrations for the event is limited, due to COVID protocols.
Only the first 50 to register will be given a chance to take part in the event.
Distance: 55 km
Route: Hotel Renuka to Kadambi Falls, and back.
Minimum age for participation is 16.
7 am - Arrival at Hotel Renuka, parking, bike fit & get ready
Location of starting point (Hotel Renuka) - https://goo.gl/maps/35f7EoRPhLH8xKAz8
7:15 - 8 am - Breakfast @ Hotel Renuka
8.15 am - Ride flag off
12:00 pm - Lunch at Hotel Renuka
Important Points to note
- While we encourage cyclists of all abilities, we must caution you that you need to be aware of your own fitness levels in order to take part in this ride.
- Make sure your bikes are in good riding condition. Check your brake pads and braking performance, as returning from the u-turn is a long way downhill.
- Riders have to make their own arrangements to reach the starting point. You can drop a request with fellow members in the WhatsApp/telegram group if you need a ride to the starting point, someone might be willing to offer you a ride, but no guarantees
- Your visibility to fellow road users is paramount. Blinkers, headlights, and if possible, a reflective vest is a must for not only your own safety, but for other road users' too. Helmets are compulsory!
- Please go with the theme of this ride ‘eliminate plastic’ to preserve our forests and do not litter on your way.
- Since the route has thick tree cover, mobile phones will NOT work on this route FULL TIME. Kindly tag with your fellow riders/partner. Vehicles at hydration stations and/or support vehicles will help you out in case of emergency.
- While parking your motor vehicles at the start point make sure that you inspect the surroundings and in no way blocking anyones' path or being an obstruction or hindrance to fellow road users.
- Stoppage beyond road area, getting into the stream etc. should be avoided as leaches are always looking forward to their next bloody fill!
Registration fee: Rs.399/-
(Fee includes: registration, breakfast, lunch, nutrition & hydration, and support vehicle for medical emergencies only.)
Registration closes on 6th August.
All government guidelines on COVID protocols shall be followed and practised by all participants.
Kudremukh Calling - 2021
+₹9.98 service fee
This includes Registration, Breakfast and Lunch.
+₹9.98 service fee0