Sun, 02 Oct|
Kudremukh Calling - Wildlife Ride
WERC along with UCC and Karnataka Forest Dept., Karkala DFO join hands for an awareness ride on wildlife conservation.
Time & Location
02-Oct-2022, 6:00 am – 12:00 pm
Karkala, 6XFH+XH4, SH1, Karkala, Karnataka 574104, India
About the Event
WERC, UCC and Karkala DFO pledge their commitment to conserve forests and wildlife and save the green coverage of our pride, the Western Ghats.
A cycling event to this effect will be held as per the following:
Starting Point: DCF Office, Karkala
Distance: 60 km approx (Total)
Route: DCF Office to SK Border (Kudremukh), and back
The minimum age for participation is 12
Children under 16 have to compulsorily ride along with their parents at all times. Parents will be solely responsible for the safety of their wards.
Entries are limited
6 am - Arrival at DCF Office, Karkala, parking, bike fit & get ready
6:15 - 6:45 am - Breakfast at DCF Office, Karkala
7.15 am - Ride flag off
12:00 pm - Lunch at DCF Office Karkala
Important Points to note
- While we encourage cyclists of all abilities, we must caution you that you need to be aware of your own fitness levels in order to take part in this ride.
- Make sure your bikes are in good riding condition. Check your brake pads and braking performance, as returning from the u-turn is a long way downhill.
- Riders have to make their own arrangements to reach the starting point. You can drop a request with fellow members in the WhatsApp/telegram group if you need a ride to the starting point, someone might be willing to offer you a ride, but no guarantees
- Your visibility to fellow road users is paramount. Blinkers, headlights, and if possible, a reflective vest is a must not only for your own safety but for other road users too. Helmets are compulsory!
- Please go with the theme of this ride ‘eliminate plastic’ to preserve our forests and not litter on your way.
- Since the route has a thick tree cover, mobile phones will NOT work on this route FULL TIME. Kindly tag with your fellow riders/partner. Vehicles at hydration stations or support vehicles will help you in an emergency.
- While parking your motor vehicles at the start point make sure that you inspect the surroundings and in no way block anyone's path or be an obstruction or hindrance to fellow road users.
- Stoppage beyond the road area, getting into the stream etc. should be avoided as leaches are always looking forward to their next bloody fill!
Registration fee: FREE Event
Breakfast, and lunch sponsored by DFO Karkala - Karnataka Forest Dept.
Registration closes on 22nd September.