Time & Location
06-Sept-2020, 5:30 am IST
Ladyhill, Ladyhill, Mangalore, Karnataka 575003, India
About the Event
100 km beginner's ride.
With backup support for emergencies.
Date: Sep 6, Sunday
Distance: 100Â km
Starting point: Ladyhill School gate
Reporting Time: 5:15 am sharp
Ride Duration: 6hrs.
Start Time: 5:30 am sharp
Ride Leader: Ashwath Rasquinha
Route: Ladhill School to Udyavara, and back.
U-Turn: Uyavara main road junction
Breakfast Point: Sagar Ratna, Kapu
Breakfast at your own expense
Registration Fee: Rs.49/-
Registration fee can be paid to the WE R CYCLING UPI ID: wercycling@icici
or at Taj Cycle Co., next to Omega Hospital.
While this is a fun ride designed to aid and encourage our beginners, we request all our new and old members to join this ride and make it a memorable experience!
This is a great opportunity for the WERC family to ride together and provide a boost of confidence for our young, new and upcoming cyclists!
Riders below the age of 15 have to be compulsorily accompanied by a Parent/Guardian
*WERC 100* Ride Instructions
1. We will meet riders from Udupi at Hejmadi Tollgate (26.3 km mark), this will also be an opportunity for us to regroup.
2. From Hejmady onwards, once we meet the Udupi riders, the faster riders are advised to proceed to the breakfast point and finish their breakfast so as not to crowd the restaurant, but wait for all riders to arrive and finish their breakfast.
3. Riders from Udupi and Mangalore will take a U-turn at Udyavara highway junction and proceed toward Sagar Ratna, Kapu for Breakfast. This will be at the 60 km mark. https://goo.gl/maps/16ExDipnUvtabNXm9
4. We shall take a group picture at the restaurant and say our goodbyes to the Udupi riders.
5. WERC members will ride together until we reach Mangalore, and disperse at Kottara junction.
3. Newcomers are advised to carry energy bars, Chikki etc in their jersey pockets and take a quick bite whenever you feel hungry.
4. You may carry your sun glasses, if you're not used to riding in the heat.
5. There will be a back-up vehicle with drinking water, and for emergencies. You may leave your bags in this vehicle at the start point. Try and carry as little as possible. Mubeen and Nithin will be in the vehicle.
6. This is going to be an easy-paced ride for the benefit of the beginners. Please do not try and catch up with any rider in front of you, no matter how tempting it is, it will only drain you. Ride at your own comfortable pace, this is not a race, take it easy, take a deep breath, and enjoy the ride.
Helmets are compulsory.
Government regulations in regard to COVID-19 will be followed. Social disctancing and waering of mask is compulsory.